Capt Sir Richard Francis Burton Museum in St Ives, Cornwall

Open to public view.

Capt Sir Richard Francis Burton Museum in St Ives, Cornwall

Postby swordflasher » 12 Jun 2019 05:13

Yesterday while Tina and I were wandering round St Ives on a rainy day, i saw a sign for this museum, and determined to find it. After struggling with google maps walk, and conferring with a chance met companion on the same quest, we arrived at a private house. Our host was thrown into confusion, having never admitted three guests at once, but agreed we could all enter. He showed us to a very small room with some small framed pictures, printed from online sources or cut from magazines, started a recorded narrative and said he would be back in an hour with a mint tea.

We sat for 10 minutes not catching each other's eyes, listening to an admittedly well-presented exposition of Sir Richard's life and accomplishments, but then Tina and I left as we hadn't factored into our holiday plans spending an hour sitting in someone's converted bathroom listening to a tape recording.

Has anyone else on the forum had the same experience? And did the other gentleman who came in with us drink the mint tea, and did he leave?
There is a world elsewhere
swordflasher
Field Marshal

Return to Buying, Selling & Reviews