Traded: Albion Kingmaker (UK)

Marketplace and reviews. Open to public view.

Traded: Albion Kingmaker (UK)

Postby Ant » 06 Mar 2017 16:21

Stats (in a pleasant mixture of Empirical and Metric, just to keep you on your toes…):
Overall Length: 39 ¼”
Blade length: 31 ¾ “
Blade width at base: 46mm
Blade thickness at cross: 6mm
Blade thickness at ½ way down the blade: 4mm
Blade thickness at 1” from tip: 2mm
Centre of gravity: approximately 8 cm from escutcheon
Centre of percussion: approximately 49cm from escutcheon

nb: I can't seem to size the photos to completely appear on-screen. I think if you click on them, they'll take you to the photobucket site. Or I can send you links separately.

In excellent, as-new condition, and will be posted in the original white Albion box.

Dark brown (almost oxblood) coloured grip. Has been kept oiled and only dry-handled and displayed.

If I were to describe this sword in one word, it would be ‘elegant’. The blade is quite slim, and combined with the beautiful hollow-grind, is very light and nimble.

I would prefer to trade this, if possible, rather than sell it. Ideally I’d like an Albion Sovereign with bronze pommel, but might be interested in other Albions or similar high-quality swords. As a guide, the trade price for this would be £1000, including postage and paypal charges: money could be exchanged either way.

I’m in the UK, so would prefer to post locally. The EU wouldn’t be too bad, but please bear in mind that this would bump up the postage cost and could cause headaches if there are complications with delivery.

Feel free to pm me with any interest.

Cheers,

Ant
Last edited by Ant on 27 Apr 2017 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
Ant
Private

Re: For Trade: Albion Kingmaker (UK)

Postby Lidsman » 07 Mar 2017 13:41

Ant, I must say that I really want that sword and curse the gods that I have nothing to trade with.
Ulf Ulfson Lidsman
----)--------------------
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who don't."
Benjamin Franklin
Lidsman
Sergeant

Postby Ant » 07 Mar 2017 14:34

Apologies, Ulf! :(

i'm trying to be strict with myself on this one: trades only at this time, but you never know: that might change!

Cheers,

Ant
Ant
Private

Postby Lidsman » 08 Mar 2017 09:21

Ant wrote:... i'm trying to be strict with myself on this one: trades only at this time, but you never know: that might change!

Well, I have a wife, two fine children and a house close to a lake in Sweden... Could that be a decent trade for your sword?
Ulf Ulfson Lidsman
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who don't."
Benjamin Franklin
Lidsman
Sergeant

Postby Ant » 10 Mar 2017 18:00

[/quote]Well, I have a wife, two fine children and a house close to a lake in Sweden... Could that be a decent trade for your sword?[/quote]

Throw in a dog that can catch and you can have my Viceroy too...
Ant
Private

Postby Lidsman » 14 Mar 2017 12:56

Ant wrote:Throw in a dog that can catch and you can have my Viceroy too...

Hmmm... lets se now, where can I get a dog :D
Ulf Ulfson Lidsman
Benjamin Franklin
Lidsman
Sergeant

Return to Market & Reviews