North East training

Open to public view.

North East training

Postby Stevie T » 02 Jan 2007 15:14

Hi all,

Well I registered so I could ask peoples opinions for my work with museums but reading all the posts has rekindled my desire to start hitting things with big bits of metal.

I study rapier with Mark Donnelley out at Bishop Aukland but I'd really like to do some more hand-and-a-half stuff and I don't know anywhere nearby. I have done a little with Danny Smith of EHCG down in Leeds but thats an hour plus journey and with family commitments its just too much.

I've also been teaching some of the basics to my re-enactment comrades in Rosa Mundi but it's no fun as it's very heavily modified for 'safe' battlefield use.

Is there a training group, or individual who has some knowledge, in the Teesside area who's interested in a bit of study and some sparring?

Steve
Stevie T
Field Marshal

Postby J Marwood » 02 Jan 2007 15:17

If you'd posted this a week earlier we could have done some as I just drove down from Durham yesterday.

AFAIK, the only other group is Bob Brook's up in Morpeth and he has never replied to any emails I've sent him about training.
J Marwood
Field Marshal

Postby Stevie T » 02 Jan 2007 15:23

[quote="J Marwood"]If you'd posted this a week earlier we could have done some as I just drove down from Durham yesterday.

It would appear that timing is everything in sword play

Steve
Stevie T
Field Marshal

Postby admin » 02 Jan 2007 15:27

And distance. :P
http://www.antique-swords.co.uk/

I like swords more than you.
admin
Emperor

Postby The Salmon Lord » 10 Aug 2007 13:14

To return this thread from the grave.

Mr Phillip Crawley has recently founded the Schola Minerva in Brancepath in County Durham. I beleive no great distance from Durhamopolis.

http://www.scholaminerva.co.uk
President Black Boar, Cupar Original, HC
The Salmon Lord
Brigadier

Return to Talk to Schola Gladiatoria