The wearing of buckler or dagger

Open to public view.

The wearing of buckler or dagger

Postby the underground man » 17 Dec 2015 05:35

Apologies if this has been asked before, but are there any sources that comment, at any length, about the specific manners in which a buckler or dagger should have been worn? I am aware that there is certainly art of people wearing swords, and indeed both sword and companion, but I am specifically wondering if there were any historical opinions on a perceived best approach. Rather than focus on what the act of carrying arms was perceived as, in relation to any number historical contexts or questions, I'm really wondering about more "practical" advice for users from one commentator, master or otherwise, to another/student.

Understandably, this is a bit obtuse, and I suspect likely something that wasn't really considered worth discussing at length in text, but it was something that had sort of piqued my interest the other day.
the underground man
Private

Re: The wearing of buckler or dagger

Postby Herbert » 17 Dec 2015 07:41

Yes there are some methods to carry a buckler which we also have evidence for.

In a few weeks, my Book of the Buckler will be published (hopefully) which has a chapter on how to carry a buckler.

I will post it, when it is available.

Best wishes

Herbert
Herbert
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The wearing of buckler or dagger

Postby the underground man » 17 Dec 2015 18:07

Thank you for the response! I look forward to seeing what information you can share. I'll also make sure to keep an eye out for the book!
the underground man
Private

Return to Arms & Armour, History, Militaria, Archaeology, Art