Knight shop boffers

Open to public view.

Knight shop boffers

Postby knirirr » 02 Dec 2015 13:45

Has anyone used these?

https://www.thehemashop.com/index.php/w ... ning-sabre

I am wondering about using them for allowing novices to do some basic assaulting for an event, wearing covered fencing masks (to protect the swords from the masks) as the only protection.
"FOR, to my certain knowledge I can affirm, that no People in the World, have a swifter Hand in Thrusting, nor any, a more loose or uncertain Parade, than the French."
knirirr
Gentleman

Re: Knight shop boffers

Postby KeithFarrell » 03 Dec 2015 11:18

They can be fun - not the best tools for long term training, but there's nothing wrong with using them for a bit of fun or to give beginners a first, gentle, introduction to bouting.
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook
Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
KeithFarrell.net: website
KeithFarrell
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby knirirr » 03 Dec 2015 11:21

KeithFarrell wrote:They can be fun - not the best tools for long term training, but there's nothing wrong with using them for a bit of fun or to give beginners a first, gentle, introduction to bouting.

Thanks. My intent is to use them for a special event where some beginners will get a bit of training and a little supervised bouting, so they sound as if they might do the trick. I'd like them to be able to have at each other safely without wearing much more than a fencing mask.

Of course, I'd normally wait a bit longer before letting beginners get involved in bouts in regular classes.
"FOR, to my certain knowledge I can affirm, that no People in the World, have a swifter Hand in Thrusting, nor any, a more loose or uncertain Parade, than the French."
knirirr
Gentleman

Postby Thearos » 05 Dec 2015 06:22

I have two backsword (not sabre) boffers. The shiny black cloth that covers them frays very easily. The weight is good, the balance perhaps a bit off. The really off-putting thing is that they bounce off upon contact. But they are fairly good fun. Still not fun to get hit in face with them.
Thearos
Colonel

Return to General Historical Martial Arts