Lebkommer ?

Open to public view.

Lebkommer ?

Postby Vive la France ! » 16 Aug 2006 13:29

Who is Hans Lebkommer ?
What does he write exactly ?
I have often seen his name either attached with the CGM582, but it is signed by Hans Kecküchner and with the later " Der Altenn Fechter anfengliche Kunst.", the so-called Egenolph (he was the editor of the book) who seem to be a late edition of Andre Pauernfeindt's lost manual.
At http://aemma.org/onlineResources/leckuc ... e_body.htm i see that "Lecküchner & Lebkommer identifies the same individual and are different due to dialectal differences", how those apparently so different names could be the same ?
MH
"Vive l'Empereur"
Allons ! Enfants de la Patrie !
Le jour de gloire est arrivé !
Contre nous de la tyrannie,
L'étendard sanglant est levé !
Vive la France !
Corporal

Postby Szabolcs Waldmann » 16 Aug 2006 13:39

It is actually a mistiping by Egenolph himself, as prof. Hans Hills has pointed out (btw., I strongly recomend his work, german fencing manuals). Since Egenolph used manuscripts, and made this mistake, all follow-ups use Lebkommer, while the original manuscripts still says Leckühcner. But hey - did you know who Sigmund am Ring is? Ringeck. Different name,. same preson...

Szab
Ars Ensis
Hungary
arsensis.hu
Szabolcs Waldmann
Corporal

Postby Harry » 16 Aug 2006 13:44

Szabolcs Waldmann wrote:It is actually a mistiping by Egenolph himself, as prof. Hans Hills has pointed out (btw., I strongly recomend his work, german fencing manuals). Since Egenolph used manuscripts, and made this mistake, all follow-ups use Lebkommer, while the original manuscripts still says Leckühcner. But hey - did you know who Sigmund am Ring is? Ringeck. Different name,. same preson...

Szab

yes! :)

willkommen im forum szabolcs! :)
MC-Stats (Won/Lost/Fought/Open: 2/2/4/4)

"Take away all his weapons and than kick him in the ass" - Free Translation from the Viennese Gladiatoria
Harry
Colonel

Postby Jeff Gentry » 16 Aug 2006 14:58

Szabolcs Waldmann wrote:It is actually a mistiping by Egenolph himself, as prof. Hans Hills has pointed out (btw., I strongly recomend his work, german fencing manuals). Since Egenolph used manuscripts, and made this mistake, all follow-ups use Lebkommer, while the original manuscripts still says Leckühcner. But hey - did you know who Sigmund am Ring is? Ringeck. Different name,. same preson...

Szab

I had heard that Szabolcs so it is true.

Is it a dialect diffrence, mistype or is that how it was originaly and later changed?

Jeff
Jeff Gentry
Sergeant-Major

Postby MugginsToadwort » 16 Aug 2006 15:19

Szab

That reminds me: Does anybody have a digital copy of Hils I can grab? I know it is on the AEMMA site, but I have had no end of hassles sorting out access to their library. I can easily send somebody an ftp site to upload the thing to...

James
James Roberts
Medieval Armed Combat Society

Overqualified, overemployed, and looking to hit someone with a sword several times
MugginsToadwort
Major

Postby Harry » 16 Aug 2006 15:53

Jeff Gentry wrote:

Szab

I had heard that Szabolcs so it is true.

Is it a dialect diffrence, mistype or is that how it was originaly and later changed?Jeff

definitely no dialect difference. also no mistype... most thinkable is that he just heard his name and he was just told wrong how his name was.
MC-Stats (Won/Lost/Fought/Open: 2/2/4/4)

"Take away all his weapons and than kick him in the ass" - Free Translation from the Viennese Gladiatoria
Harry
Colonel

Postby Wolfgang Ritter » 17 Aug 2006 19:02

Hi,
I don't know if it's been posted somewhere, but:
some people from Schwertkampf Ochs have transcribed the ms CGM582: Johannes Lecküchner. You can find it here: http://www.pragmatische-schriftlichkeit.de/cgm582.html
Brilliant work (only in german, but feel free to ask if you have problems translating it)!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Ritter
Captain

Return to Johannes Liechtenauer Lineage